If you buy a car or truck and the seller keeps the Texas license plates, print
a Transit Permit to drive the vehicle home or to your local county tax office.
- Only one Transit Permit may be issued
- Valid for 5 days (maximum) from date of issuance. The start date is the day the permit is printed.
- Only issued for cars and trucks
- License Plates will be issued by your local county tax office when you title and register your
- Enter your vehicle identification number (VIN) carefully. If we cannot match the
VIN a Transit Permit cannot be printed.
- Insurance is required to legally operate a motor vehicle in Texas.
- If traveling out of state, verify that this permit is valid for operation in that
state. This permit may only authorize operation of the vehicle in Texas.
- A Transit Permit is needed before operating this vehicle in Texas.